God's presence is all around us at all times. It is both a comforting thought and a sobering one. But where does that leave worship leaders? Do we bring down God's presence when we play music? Not really, God is always with us regardless. And it is up to Jesus alone whether he wants his presence to be stronger. Bob Kauflin warns us that Christian musicians need to be cautious in this sense. We cannot believe that we are the ones bringing out God's presence with our music. God does not depend on us to make Himself known, only He can do that Himself. However, we should be pursuing His active presence. We can do this by giving our worship everything we have. We shouldn't hold back, for one of the reasons God gave us these gifts to pursue his active presence.
Sometimes I forget that God is always with us, but I really feel Him when I worship or play the drums to worship songs. In this way, I need to be careful to not think that I am bringing out His presence only when I worship. God is always with me whether I am singing songs or not. It's a comforting thought, but also a humbling one. I like what Kauflin said about worshipping to pursue God's active presence. God gave me the gift of playing drums for a reason, so when I worship I'm not going to hold back.
Sometimes I forget that God is always with us, but I really feel Him when I worship or play the drums to worship songs. In this way, I need to be careful to not think that I am bringing out His presence only when I worship. God is always with me whether I am singing songs or not. It's a comforting thought, but also a humbling one. I like what Kauflin said about worshipping to pursue God's active presence. God gave me the gift of playing drums for a reason, so when I worship I'm not going to hold back.
I can totally relate. I need to realize that God is here at all times and that he gave me this gift as well in order to play music and glorify his name.
ReplyDeleteFinding God in everything we do can be a challenge, especially when it's during times when there's nothing special or significant going on. I also feel Him most when I worship or sing, so remembering that He is always with me will make worship more exciting than before. I'm grateful for the gift God gave me and will be sure to use it whenever I can for Him.
ReplyDeleteI love how you said you won't hold back. It's really inspiring, and shows how invested in worship you are. I do relate to you in that sometimes I forget God is always with us, whether we worship or not. Good job!
ReplyDelete