Proclamation is declaring what's true about God. According to Kauflin, it is often underrated because we already know about the good news of the gospels and that God loves us. But proclaiming sets our minds and hearts right. When people come to church, they proclaim about different things, meaning those things are at the forefront of their mind. These things are worldly things such as work and fashion. But when they leave, they should be proclaiming about God. Proclaiming about God says that this is what's important and this is what's right.
People are okay with singing proclamations once a week during chapel, but that doesn't mean that they know how to apply it to the rest of their week. God's love applies to every part of their lives, and we are blessed to be able to help people see this. It's unfortunate that we forget to proclaim the gospel, I do too, honestly. I should proclaim more, it will set the gospel at the forefront of my mind and put my heart in the right place. The gospel functions in all aspects of my life, and right now, I am relying on it to deal with my grief.
People are okay with singing proclamations once a week during chapel, but that doesn't mean that they know how to apply it to the rest of their week. God's love applies to every part of their lives, and we are blessed to be able to help people see this. It's unfortunate that we forget to proclaim the gospel, I do too, honestly. I should proclaim more, it will set the gospel at the forefront of my mind and put my heart in the right place. The gospel functions in all aspects of my life, and right now, I am relying on it to deal with my grief.
I love how unafraid you were to be vulnerable in this post. Sharing your feelings and daily struggles with grief was super cool. Seeing others in the position you're in right now in your faith is s encouraging because it shows how strong you are.
ReplyDelete