Worship cannot happen without the Holy Spirit. Worshipping without the Holy Spirit empowering the band is like the power cutting out. We should be desperately dependent, eagerly expectant, and humbly responsive to Him. We are helpless, and God sent the Spirit to help us, which should instill feelings of humility, gratitude, and peace in our hearts. We should be eagerly expectant that the Spirit will come through and do great things in our worship time. We should be humbly responsive to what He is doing. We should not rely on our own skill and music, but rely on the Spirit. No worship is possible without Him.
What's the one thing we keep forgetting? Oh right. That we are worshipping God. That shouldn't be a thing. I know I stress about my musical skill. I practice for hours everyday because I think I should be the one helping people draw closer to God through the music. Wrong. The Holy Spirit does that. In truth, I'm helpless, and the Holy Spirit was sent to help me. That is incredibly humbling. I need not to rely on my own skill, but rely on Him.
What's the one thing we keep forgetting? Oh right. That we are worshipping God. That shouldn't be a thing. I know I stress about my musical skill. I practice for hours everyday because I think I should be the one helping people draw closer to God through the music. Wrong. The Holy Spirit does that. In truth, I'm helpless, and the Holy Spirit was sent to help me. That is incredibly humbling. I need not to rely on my own skill, but rely on Him.
Kiki, the way that you apply the chapter to your life is really cool. Depending on the Holy Spirit can be hard sometimes, especially when we get caught up in the music and ourselves. Because of you're perspective of the chapter, I'm able to see it in a different light too.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed how you compared the worship without the Holy Spirit to a band without power. And I entirely agree with this analogy. Also the stress about performing is something we all can agree that we need to work on.
ReplyDelete